R&F® Campylobacter jejuni/C. coli monocytogenes Chromogenic Detection Kit
A Selective/Differential Chromogenic Plating Medium For Identifying Campylobacter jejuni/C. coli. Presumptively positive colonies of Campylobacter jejuni/C. coli appear as dark salmon flat to convex colonies, 1.0-2.0 mm in diameter with and without a clear ring after 48 hours at 41-42 degrees C under microaerophilic conditions.
Kit includes 250g Bottle of Powder & Full Supplement Box – Makes 250-260 Plates
- Novel chromogenic plating medium for isolating Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli
- Uses a unique chromogenic substrate that can produce a water insoluble chromogen (color remains within the colony) under microaerophilic conditions
- Detection of the C-2 esterase enzyme produced by Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli but not Campylobacter lari
- Selectivity of medium and incubation conditions inhibits the growth of most Enterics and other closely related Gram negative bacteria
- University of Guelph studies showed 98% exclusivity and 100% inclusivity (156 microbial strains tested) • Plates may be examined after 24h for C.jejuni/C.coli