R&F® Escherichia coli O157:H7 Chromogenic Detection Kit
A Differential/Selective Chromogenic Plating Medium For The Rapid Identification And Isolation Of Presumptively Positive Colonies Of Escherichia coli O157:H7. Presumptively positive colonies of Escherichia coli O157:H7 appear as blue-black domed colonies 1.5 to 2.5 mm in diameter with a black precipitate after 20-24 hours incubation at 35°C.
Kit includes 500g Bottle of Powder & Full Supplement Box – Makes 340-360 Plates
- A selective plating medium that differentiates Escherichia coli O157:H7 from most other strains of Escherichia coli
- Differential characteristics based on positive chemical attributes of Escherichia coli O157:H7
- Isolates β-glucuronidase positive and slow fermenting sorbitol positive Escherichia coli O157:H7 variants
- Simple preparation of plates that remain stable for at least 45 days stored in the dark at 2-8°C
- Differentiation based on β-galactosidase reaction and 4 carbohydrate fermentations coupled with a pH indicator